Unfortunately we were woefully unprepared for snow-play.
Yes, Hayden's hat is pink. I wanted Hayden to wear his sweet Baylor hat that Dawn knitted for him, but he always manages to pull it above his ears. This fleece hat has flaps, so we went with that. Yes, those are socks on his hands. I'm so sorry, but we never purchased baby mittens. I didn't think I would need such a thing, living in Texas in all. Now, if we lived in Chicago, sure, I would have purchased baby mittens. However, we don't, so we didn't, so baby gap socks had to work. Instead of trashy, let's say it's inventive.
Hayden was mesmerized by the snow. So much so that he couldn't be bothered to look up at the camera when I was holding him. He was also angry because I wouldn't feed him snow, like Clark did. Dr. Meador's explanation for the safety of snow eating was, "Well it's the snow from the top, so it's the cleanest." Amazing. I clearly look like I live in place that rarely sees the sun -- I'm so pale. I feel like I could give the Cullens (Twilight reference alert!) a run for their money. Anyway, I digress.
So the other great idea Daddy had was to sled down the drive way. While holding the baby. On a Pampers box. And he wanted me to take a picture. I did. Unbelievable.
Doesn't Clark look super pleased with himself? Hayden could barely contain his excitement.
So then we built a snowman.
Not our best work. Those are pecans for eyes and branches off our crepe myrtle tree. We kind of ran out of steam looking for a nose and mouth....it was pretty cold.
Tomorrow Hayden's school is closed because of the inclement weather, so that means I'll be home attempting to work from home. Wish me luck!


This may be your best post ever! Love it- looks like yall had so much fun! Love the snowman, love the Twilight ref, love the sockmitts (which just gave me a great idea!)- love it all. Can't wait to see you guys tonight!
ReplyDelete