Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hayden wants....

Okay, I want. I'm sure Hayden will get into this eventually. Elf on the Shelf looks like a cute little tradition that I would love to start with Hayden. The elf (you or your child names him) comes out after Thanksgiving. He is not to touch. He hang out on a mantle or various other places around your home. Every night he goes back to Santa and reports on your child's behavior. The next day he comes back to watch you from a different spot. How fun is that? And talk about some serious, kick ass bribery! Granted I don't think Hayden is at a point where he understands what naming something is (he would likely name him Ho Ho Ho, as that is his favorite thing to say right now) and he certainly doesn't understand holding Santa over his head (but he will one day).

What do you think? Anyone out there do the Elf on the Shelf thing?

5 comments:

  1. I was wondering what the heck the elf on the shelf was. I've heard a number of people mention it but I didn't ask any questions. I think it's a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we just got one and i'm so excited. i know gavin doesn't get it yet, but i think it's so cute. all of my kids at school change the way they act when that elf comes out at their house. one of my kids has one named griswold. so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have it, we got it as a gift for Aden's first Christmas. We put him up but then everyone forgets that he's there. ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just bought one and we love it! It is such a fun tradition. Avery does not understand yet, but she will next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got one last year and this year Tatum will actually point to it and say elf.

    ReplyDelete