I can't believe this little girl is 4 months old already! While she readily gives smiles to anyone she sees, she seems to be somewhat intimidated by the camera. I've yet to capture the full on grin she gives people she recognizes. Hopefully soon. Harper went to the doctor today, and I'm happy to report that she is growing like crazy.
Here are her stats:
Weight: 14lbs 15oz (76th percentile)
Height: 25" (76th percentile)
Head: 43.6cm (96th percentile !!!)
Dr. V was pleased with how well Harper is holding up her head and grasping things. She encouraged us to try rice cereal. With Hayden I was so eager start baby food. For some reason, I've been hesitant to start with Harper. I think I just don't want to admit she's growing up. I did mix up some rice cereal for her. She's been fussier than normal lately, so I figured it might be because she's hungry. Harper did well with the first couple of spoonfuls, licking at the spoon. She definitely swallowed more than she spit out, but after a few minutes, she got incredibly angry, crying at the top of her lungs. We'll keep trying and maybe introduce some veggies.
After my last post, I feel like I need to take a second and brag on Hayden. Last Wednesday, after having a poop accident at school, Hayden came up to me at dinner and announced he had to poop. We went to the bathroom and HE. DID. IT. I literally cried my eyes out sitting on the bathroom floor. Hayden looked at me, completely confused and said, "Why crying Mommy? This is happy! Not sad!" Very true. So he continued and wanted to poop every 10 minutes (maybe a touch of an upset stomach?). I really feel like he's turned a corner. He pooped at school for the rest of the week. After a few mishaps at home on Friday, Hayden was accident free all weekend. I'm SO SO SO proud of him.
This weekend we head to Sherman for a wedding...and Harper's first trip to Nan's house. Harper is looking forward to meeting all the Sherman peeps and relaxing by the pool. More pics soon, I promise!
Wearin' of the Green
10 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment