Tuesday, September 22, 2009

7 Months!!

Happy 7 Month Birthday, Hayden! You look like such a BIG boy in that picutre! I can barely take it!

You may have noticed that there were no blog updates or pictures of this past weekend after Hayden's first trip to Waco. That would be because it was a DISASTER. Not only did the Bears choke big time, but Hayden was not exactly down with sitting still for 4 quarters of football. It is well documented that Hayden has been to many sporting events in his short life, so I really didn't think this would be an issue. Boy, was I wrong. By the end of the first half I was ready to pull my hair out and not quite up for taking a bunch of pictures. So, we'll just pretend that Homecoming is Hayden's first game and take some pictures there. Why would I take him to Homecoming, you ask? Well, we'll be staying the weekend and if things get bad we can always go back to the hotel room. Plus, there will be more helping hands around that weekend...so the burden won't fall on me to handle.

What is Hayden doing at 7 months? Well, it has also been well documented that Hayden is excellent at sitting up by himself. I feel pretty comfortable letting him sit by himself. Don't worry, I don't leave Hayden sitting on the floor while I run errands, but I'm comfortable leaving him playing on the floor while I cook or wash dishes (ha ha ha). Of course, we still have some accidents, and we've hit our cute face on the carpet at least once. Hayden will look at you when you say his name. Hayden passes toys from one hand to another and can lean over while sitting to reach his toys. We've tried an assortment of jarred baby meat combos...but the runaway favorite is apples and chicken. He loves to blow raspberries. He is still laughing at toot noises. He's in love with Sam and Sophie and tries to grab them all the time. He can stand up while holding onto the ottoman (he can't pull up, but if you leave him there standing, he can continue to stand).

I think that about covers it for achievements. Hopefully, I'll be better about taking pictures this week!

4 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    He is too cute! Looks like he and Tatum are going along right at the same pace. Maybe they'll get to meet the wknd of the reunion! We'll have to get some pics of them together.
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks so old in this picture, my god. is he doing long division yet? LOVE him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big boy! It sounds like he's doing so well developmentally too. What a handsome little thing, I'm going to request more pictures next time... get on that. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable. I'm sure he will have a much better Homecoming -- after all, it's HOMECOMING! Right? Right??

    ReplyDelete