Hayden loves dirt. I mean, the kid could play in it all day. He really likes to move dirt from one place to another (the pot to the ground).
All this dirt makes for one dirty boy. He doesn't seem to mind, though. This seems to be his preferred state of being. Notice the scratch on his head? He fell down on the daycare playground and cut his head on the wood chips. Such a boy thing to do.
The cut isn't slowing him down any. Yesterday we took a friend's advice and purchased a sandbox. It's a hit.
Yesterday we went to Joe Ts with the Souths, Lyssys and Horns. The Horns are heading to Tulsa next week so Tommy can begin his psychiatry residency. We will miss them SO much. I have a feeling we'll be making a few trips to OK soon. We'll have to meet Baby Horn as soon as he arrives!
The best part of this picture is that it wasn't staged at all. That's Clark's reaction when Hayden is about to do something bad.
There...that's better! Look how handsy Hayden is with Edie. Eric assured Hayden that he had "pre-approval" but I think Eric was hoping they'd wait until they were older....like 30 or so.
We had another big reason to celebrate this weekend. The Lyssys are expecting! We are SO excited for them. Hayden loves Uncle Tony and Aunt SJ so much, and we know he'll love the newest member of his gang when he or she (just a guess) arrives. Anthony and SJ are going to be great parents!!!
Lastly, today is Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful Mom who helps me be a better mom! I'm no expert at this Mom thing, but I know I love my little guy more than I can ever express and I'm blessed to be chosen to be his mother. I mean, just look at him:
How can you not love this guy?



promise me you'll push hayden into an all boy singing band, dye his (and your) hair eminem blond, develop a twang, and ride on his coattails to buy yourself cool gifts. like a harley. :) happy mom's day, friend!
ReplyDeleteHappy Mothers Day! I love that picture of H with his doggie. I'm glad the sandbox was a hit!
ReplyDelete