Thursday, May 14, 2009

Humpday Happy Hour with Hayden

Well if it's THURSDAY it's Humpday and if it's Humpday it's another Happy Hour at Meador Bar and Grill est. 2/22/09 proprietor Hayden M. Meador.
Hey everybody.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Its been an exciting week over in our neck of the woods to say the least.  Lets start with this afternoon.  I got brave and took hayden to a Ranger afternoon ballgame all by myself.  And boy am I glad I did.  So I sacked him up and headed to the ballbark about 12:30, parked, strapped Hayden into the Baby Bjorn and strolled into the stadium.  I had 4 free tickets from Nolan Ryan that were set to expire if I didn't use them.  So I cash those in and had the ticket man scan all for so we could boost attendance figures.  I'm walking to my seats and ran into 3 residents from JPS that I will be working with starting in July.  I invited them to come sit with me since I had these extra seats.  Then we got to watch an incredible baseball game.  Great pitching and defense by both sides. The Rangers were down 2-0 going to the bottom of the 9th inning.  Leading off was Hank "the Hammer" Blalock, he smashes a homer. Then the baylor bear David Murphy hits a double.  That leads to Chris Davis.  He works the count full. Then takes a fastball and puts into the bleachers in Right center field.  Rangers walk off win, the 2nd night in a row.  I know Hayden won't remember this but to be able to witness a walkoff homer victory for the Rangers is a very exciting and special moment.  It took me 25 years to get to see that.  It took him less than 3 months.  Hayden has now attended 3 Rangers games in 3 months.  So he is on pace to see a lot of baseball games in his life.  
I'll check back in this weekend after graduation.  Hopefully we can find our camera charger so we can stop taking iphone pics.  I fixed our computer problem this week. Dumped the oldies and upgraded to the apple. Very nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment