Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Morning Snuggles

Good morning.  We had a special weekend this weekend.  Finally, I graduated from medical school.  Just a shade under a decade too.  Thankfully they do call me doctor now.  However, it doesn't really feel all that different.  I'm not really sure what I thought was going to happen as I walked across the stage.  I guess I thought some magical feeling or enlightening was supposed to be bestowed upon me as I walked across the stage, but it was just surprisingly ordinary.  Its been nice reflecting back on the past 4 years.  While they were the toughest most challenging 4 years of my life they have also been the best 4 years of my life and thus I will always look back on my time at TCOM very fondly and very proudly.  After all TCOM is where I became a husband, a dad, and a D.O..  


Hayden thinks these graduations are for the birds.  Too much fluff.  He was ready to go by this point.  
First family photo as Dr. Meador.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me and my family throughout medical school.  Your support, your thoughts, prayers and encouragement have helped me sustain and prevail.  

Now for the encore, RESIDENCY!!! Hopefully Hayden won't forget who I am when I'm working 80 hr/weeks and spending every 5th night at the hospital.  At least I have another month of daddy daycare before the real work begins.  

1 comment:

  1. I’ve given you an award and you can pick it up at my blog http://jolenecmom.blat.co.za/2009/05/25/ive-received-my-first-blog-award/. You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete