Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Long time, no blog


Well, Clark has obviously been slacking on Sunday Morning Snuggles. His laziness knows no bounds. I've been slacking all around, but I have a legit excuse. This working mom thing is hard! Going back to work has been difficult...I miss the H a lot during the day -- especially since he's been so smiley lately. I call home to check in a couple of times a day, and I always want a smile update. For some reason, he's just not in a smiling mood when I get home.
The good news is, Hayden is sleeping pretty well. He's only getting up one time a night. He used to wake up at 2 or 2:30 and then again around 5 or 6. He's now only waking up around 3:30 or 4:30. Last night was an all time record -- he slept until 5 am! Part of me thinks this is a total fluke...but I'm hopeful for at least a 4 am or 4:30 am night tonight.
On top of being Mr. Smiles (when Mom isn't around) he's also Mr. Chatty. This kid coos himself silly. We call it "telling stories." If you're around him long enough, Hayden will tell you all kinds of stories, all consisting of "aaaaahhhhh." Entertaining stuff.
I'm also happy to report that Hayden and I have made it through Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I think he thoroughly enjoyed it. We've moved on to the Chamber of Secrets. I think he's a fan. I told Clark that I want to dress Hayden up as a snitch for Halloween. For all you non-HP fans out there, the snitch is a golden ball with wings that Harry chases in a wizard game called Quidditch. If you're completely geeked out by that, you're not alone, b/c Clark gave me a big thumbs down on that one. Whatever, I'm just trying to think outside the box.
The picture was taken tonight right before bedtime. I love the look on his face...it's so Hayden. Well, hopefully Clark will get back on his game and post again for Humpday Happy Hour ... and hopefully his post has nothing to do with Tummy Tubs. Those things are ridiculous.

3 comments:

  1. God that kid is cute. I can't wait to meet him! Auntie Hayley will buy him a Tummy Tub, btw! And, I like the snitch idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post...LOOOOVEEE the picture! Look at that face! And I'll say that Hayden as a snitch for Halloween is ok if you let me dress mine as vampire...Twilight style, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I just love Hayden pictures! I'm glad he's smiling a lot these days. That really is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete