
Yeah we did it! I apologize for the Dora quote...but we've done it -- without the assistance of a talking backpack or a bossy map. We finished the entire Harry Potter series! I apologize to everyone who now has that obnoxious Dora song in their head!
I started reading Harry Potter to Hayden when he around 6 or 7 weeks old. So it took us around 17 months to accomplish this. Of course, it wasn't without tears (on my part). I love these books so much and it was such a wonderful gift to share them with Hayden. My absolute favorite time of day was snuggling with Hayden at bed time and reading a chapter (or 2).
We've started the Chronicles of Narnia which is a great series, but pales in comparison to Harry. I wanted to be hardcore and start the Lord of the Rings, but I think that's a little much...even for me! Frodo will have to wait until Hayden is a little older. My precious!


No comments:
Post a Comment