After observance of the Easter holiday the blog is back up and running. Thanks to all those who said they missed my blog on Sunday. To those sending hate mail, lay off it was the holidays. I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. The trip to Sherman was a success. As I was loading up the dogs, baby, baby stuff, suitcase, lock, stock, and barrell and no I didn't forget Kelly I often thought of my namesake, C
lark W. Griswold Jr. in the famous classic, Vacation. No, I don't have a Wagon Queen Family Truckster as Clark W. only a Chevy Tahoe and no, I wasn't traveling 1200 miles to Wally World only 120 to Shertown, but this trip was a monstrous undertaking with weeks of preparation and so much planning you would've thought we were planning to take over Cuba. We are getting better at this traveling bit so maybe next time the undertaking will seem a little less daunting.
lark W. Griswold Jr. in the famous classic, Vacation. No, I don't have a Wagon Queen Family Truckster as Clark W. only a Chevy Tahoe and no, I wasn't traveling 1200 miles to Wally World only 120 to Shertown, but this trip was a monstrous undertaking with weeks of preparation and so much planning you would've thought we were planning to take over Cuba. We are getting better at this traveling bit so maybe next time the undertaking will seem a little less daunting. The little man had a lot of firsts this week. First time at church. I figured as soon as the Sermon started he would be out like a light and sure enough he passed smooth out. What can I say like father like son. I can remember as a kid putting my head on the pew in front of me and trying to fall asleep and when my mom would elbow me I would look at her and say I was praying.
Another big first this week was Hayden's first Texas Ranger baseball game. Rangers played the Baltimore Orioles on Monday night and we had recieved some great tickets behind homeplate from a family friend in Sherman. The game started off rough for the Rangers and Hayden covered his face in disgust. H slept through most of 7 innings when we decided to pack it in before the little man turned into a Mr. Grumpy Fuss, a man no one wants to meet. While he slept he experienced many firsts, 1st homerun, 1st singing of "Take me out to the Ball game", and 1st time to hear daddy cuss the pitcher (oh wait, thats nightly). Anyway it was a great trip to the ballpark despite the loss. To cap it all off the Rangers even gave him a Certificate honoring the momentous occasion of his first major league game and it was even signed by Nolan Ryan.Today was another first, a first for me. Today was the first round of golf I have got to play post-baby, actually all year. I was really itching to play after watching the Masters all weekend. Took a few double bogeys to knock the rust off but all in all a pretty decent round. But I was reminded why they invented golf carts because walking is freaking hard. I won't do that again for awhile. This is my favorite commercial. Always makes me laugh. And now that I have a Jr. makes me laugh harder.


mr. griswold, you have totally redeemed yourself. all references to things in "metallic pea" are greatly appreciated and indeed comical. bravo!
ReplyDelete