Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Morning Snuggles #4







Welcome to Fourth edition of the Sunday Morning blog.






Smile? This morning we may have witnessed Hayden's first deliberate smile. While it is almost impossible to tell if it was indeed a deliberate smile and not just gas this smile was unique and appeared to be sincere. Needless to say this was an exciting time for mom and dad. The smile was very elusive and unable to be caught with a camera.






Spring has sprung or at least I thought so. Friday brought incredible weather to funkytown. So great that Kelly and I had to get out and enjoy it. We went on a 3 mile walk pushing baby and then went for an early dinner at one of the local joints here in Fort Worth called Ocean Rock. They have a nice patio and great draft beer. Hayden tagged along as a third wheel. The patio is a great place to take kids. They can fuss and no one can really hear them like they can if you are sitting inside. We are still trying to get this timing thing down when we take baby out so that he doesn't have to feed as soon as our food comes. We failed Friday night. As soon as the food came baby wanted food. Baby got food. Its funny the looks you get when you are holding the baby in one hand, holding the bottle in his mouth with your chin so you can take a gulp of beer out of your schooner. Also, another thing I noticed is how much a babe magnet my little man is. Ocean Rock is nestled in behind the TCU area and thus attracts a lot of TCU girls to the porch. The girls were oooing and aaahhing over him. I always thought it was walking cute puppies that attracted the college girls.






Saturday the great weather continued. I decided it was time to spruce up the yard and get some flowers in these beds. Apparently the rest of Fort Worth had the same idea. You would've thought they were passing out 100 dollar bills at Lowe's. I pressed on. Finished my business and got to work. I have to be careful here because my mad skills in gardening have led everyone in the neighborhood to call me the man with the green thumb. Hayden could be confused and think I'm some Dr. Seuss character. Green eggs and Ham, I don't play that.




As I said earlier spring has sprung or at least I thought so. I wake up this morning and its 38 degrees out. And its supposed to be colder tomorrow am. Hopefully the weathermen are right and it won't freeze and ruin all my hard work. My green thumb would turn brown.



3 comments: