Friday, April 3, 2009

A Somewhat Successful Night ... ?


That's Hayden earlier this week -- super alert! How can this adorable face keep me up so much at night?! On an exciting note (for the weight challenged baby) that onesie is also 0 -3 mos! Pay no attention to my upsetting legs...I'm still working on that!
We decided last night was the first night Hayden slept (ha ha) in his crib. I use the term sleep very loosely, of course. I was so nervous about putting him in the crib and walking away. This required so much prep. We had to elevate the mattress, b/c I suspect that Hayden has a little indigestion issue and the elevation helps. I moved his positioner into his crib. Okay, so the physical prep work wasn't so much, but Mommy's mental prep work was A LOT. It was so nerve wracking. I found myself staring at his crib thinking his adorable crib bumpers were obviously death traps. I needed 3 people to talk me out of that one.
Bed time came a little later than normal b/c Mommy and Daddy had to watch Baylor play for the NIT Championship. Sadly, the Bears fell to the Penn State Nittany Lions 69-63. What is a Nittany Lion anyway? Sounds suspect to me.
Anyway, Hayden went down around 10:30 and went to sleep with no problem. Mommy cried a little putting him in his crib b/c he just seemed like such a big boy sleeping (again, haha) all by himself! Hayden woke up at 12:30, which Mommy said didn't bode well for their evening. Daddy told Mommy to stop being a Negative Nancy. In Mommy's defense, she's ALWAYS a Negative Nancy. Anyway, Hayden ate and went back to sleep with relative ease by 1 am. He slept until 3:30, which is great for us! Daddy got up b/c he handles the late night shift (by his choice). Of course, the wheels fell off. Hayden was WIDE AWAKE after this. He had no interest in sleeping after this feeding. Daddy rocked him until 4:30 and put him in his crib. Hayden would sleep for 20 - 30 min, then start whimpering. We would let him whimper, but the whimper would turn into a full on cry. These shenanigans went on until 6:30 when it was time to eat again. Sigh. I don't think this had anything to do with the transition to the crib, just that Hayden was awake for some reason. Of course this night comes on the heels of 2 awesome nights in a row. I'm come to conclusion that the only "regular schedule" my child has is an irregular schedule.
So, tonight we'll try again. Hopefully I will do better and not freak myself out as much. Hopefully Hayden will decide that night time = sleep time.
I'll leave you sport fans with this question: Is Jay Cutler really worth 2 first round draft picks, a serviceable (not great) QB and a 3rd round draft pick?** I know we've needed a QB for, well, forever, but good Lord. Way to go Chicago Bears. And yes, "we." I cheer for the Chicago Bears, not the crappy, primadonna Dallas Cowboys. Keep that in mind when the Cowboy apologist of the house *couCLARKgh* starts posting during football season.
**As you can tell we're watching LOTS of Sportscenter around this house now that Daddy Daycare has begun...

2 comments:

  1. i am glad i'm not the only one not sleeping! :) we are going to try the crib tomorrow night...i'm nervous about it. hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a big change going to the crib. I'm proud of you all for tackling this head-on!

    If it's any consolation (I feel like I say that in every reply, sorry if it's annoying) I was freaked out about the bumpers too. It's not until they start scooting around the crib that you really need to check on them and I found this to be between 4-7 months. After that, they are all but climbing out of it on their own.

    Keep hanging in there guys.

    ReplyDelete