Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Humpday Happy Hour with Hayden #4









Well if it's Wednesday it's Humpday and if it's Humpday it's another Happy Hour at Meador Bar and Grill est. 2/22/09 proprietor Hayden M. Meador










The greatest day of the year came and went this week. No it wasn't a silly birthday or christmas, but opening day for MLB. This year the Rangers finally got to host opening day. It had been almost a decade since that has happened. I made sure I would not miss this one. It took some doing but after I mortgaged the entire week before giving kelly lots of free time she let me out of baby duties for the day so I could attend the big game. And what a game it was. The Rangers dominated the tribe from the flyover to the "Hello Win Column". Rangers did it right featuring great hitting, pitching, and defense and when you add those three together you get a W. I'll be ordering my World Series tickets shortly. Here are some pictures I took at the game.

Baseball is in full swing. Rangers win again tonight. Off to a 2-0 start for the first time in 8 years. As I previousy stated I am ordering my World Series tickets tomorrow. Also, kicking off this week is the greatest golf tournament known to man, The Masters. What a way to spend a vaca than watching every swing at this years tourney at Augusta National. What a spectacular course. I hope one day I am able to go see that place.






Things continue to go well over at the Meador house. Each day continues to amaze. We have discovered we have one amphibious little man. This kid loves bath time. I always think the bath water is too hot, but maybe I'm a wuss, cause as soon as we sit this screaming booger in there he is super chilled. He loves it. It also amazes me the number of commercial items it requires for this kid to bath. For each sq. inch of his body he has at least one rubber ducky. Not to mention this hammock contraption he bathes in and some kinda crazy potion lotion you rub on him to make him go to sleep. Of course if you put on the label that it makes babies sleep better every dreary eyed parent perusing the baby aisle is gonna toss that in the buggy. But what about towels with hoods. Everybody has fond memories of these. Hell I still wish my towels had a hood on it.

Easter weekend is coming this weekend. The Meador's are going to try and pack up the ol' SUV dogs, baby and all and go to nan's for the weekend. In light of the season here is some biblical humor that goes along with the theme of the blog. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. i knew i liked clark for a reason. awesome use of the underrated word "buggy." kudos you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who DOESN'T call it a buggy. Probably lots of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried leaving a comment at work but couldn't so here it comes again...

    I commented on how nice it was of Kelly to have Hayden just in time for Clark to be home to watch opening day games to his heart's content. And that you threw in the Master's as an added bonus for him being such an outstanding hubs during your 37+ long weeks of pregnancy. I always knew you were a keeper Kelly.

    Then I said how much I miss bath time in the tiny naked baby hammock. It's so much fun to put their little bum down into the warm water and watch them instantly pee. Ahhhh...nothing like full freedom.

    ReplyDelete