Another weekend is in the books. This is a special weekend for many reasons. Hayden is 8 weeks old this week and that means big doctor checkup with shots this week (eep!) and this is Mom's last weekend before going back to work and thus the true daddy day care starts in the am.
Hayden attended his 2nd Ranger game on Saturday night. The Ranger's are now 0-2 when Hayden attends so he may not be going again for awhile. He again was a champ. This time he slept the entire 9 innings. Granted it was a pitchers duel 2-0 ballgame that flew by. The hospital that I start working for in July invited all the incoming interns and current residents and families out to the game. We had a pretty good crowd and I got to meet some of my future colleagues. It was reassuring to see how many of the current residents have families with small children. I know it's not going to be easy to be super busy with residency but we won't be the first or the last to make it work.
Today we took the muchacho out to lunch, Sams, and then did our sunday ritual grocery shopping at the local Super Target. At the check out counter we had another encounter with the all too frequent unsolicited advice giver. If you have been looking at any of the pictures of Hayden he always cocks his head to the side when he is sleeping. Granted it does look like it is uncomfortable but any straightening or moving him only ends up in him sliding back into the same position. Plus he is sleeping thus he has to be comfortable. Well, I turn around to place another full bag of groceries into my buggy (like that huh kristin) and this hispanic lady is about to stick her hands into the carrier. We make eye contact and she exclaims "He is kinked up". I retort "Yeah, he likes it that way". She then confidently explains how she is a Pediatric nurse. I start to reply in a tone so condescending only a Neuro surgeon or Plastic surgeon could get away with "Well, I'm a Doctor" but I held up and humbly bunted back "Well, Imma wellll uhh, he's alright" with a gracious smile as to say move along lady. Of course my little hot head of a wife is behind me fuming mad at me for not throwing down my trump card. Funny encounter and I'm sure it won't be the last.
Here are some more pics. I really feel like he is starting put on some serious weight these days. His head looks bigger and he is beginning to get legs like the Michelin baby.


Wait...she actually tried to reach in and adjust my child? You (and she) are EXTREMELY lucky I didn't see that, b/c I would have completely twisted off. That is unreal. What makes her think that just b/c she's a pediatric nurse she can adjust my child in his carrier? Unreal!
ReplyDeleteYEA, BUGGY! :)
ReplyDelete