Monday, March 9, 2009

Hayden at 2 weeks and My First Blog!

I've resisted the whole blog thing for quite some time, but I decided once Hayden made his arrival it would be the best way for everyone to keep up with us.


Hayden was born on Sunday, February 22, 2009 at 8:26 am. He was 3 weeks early and I was very ready for him to be here. I was not one of those girls who loved being pregnant. In fact, I pretty much hated it. I didn't think there was anything "magical" about my feet swelling, getting up 60 times a night to pee or being unable move my fat butt from point A to point B. However, I did like feeling Hayden move inside of me and watching my skin jump when he would kick. Other than that, pregnancy is pretty much overrated.


I was so excited to meet him. He was perfect!! He weighed 7 lbs even and was 19" long. Of course, he looks nothing like me and looks exactly like his father. To be honest, I was excited about that. I was not a cute baby or cute kid. So, Hayden looking like Clark was really Hayden's best case scenario. I just hope he likes Harry Potter so we have something to talk about. :)


Our first two weeks at home have been good, but challenging. Newborns sleep something like 18 hours a day and eat something like 8-12 a day. Sounds easy right? Not really!! Those 18 hours of sleep are not consecutive my friends! As tiring and taxing as it is sometimes, it's totally worth it when Hayden makes a funny face or makes a funny sound.


This weekend was a big Mommy/Hayden milestone. Clark and I went to dinner with our good friends Jason and Kassidy at one of my favorite places -- Sushi Axiom. I really, really missed sushi while I was pregnant so I've been looking forward to this dinner for about 9 months. I was very nervous about going out in public with Hayden at this point. Hayden isn't on any kind of schedule right now. For those of you who know me well, not having a schedule is pretty much the worst thing imaginable. I wanted so badly to go out, but I was afraid that Hayden would pull one of his "cluster feeding" stunts and I'd be forced to whip my boob out in public. Hayden however, was a champ! He ate before we left and we were able to enjoy a 2 hour dinner with friends! Hayden didn't stop there!! On Sunday we went to Babies R Us, Target and the mall! Woohoo! It really makes a world of difference being able to get out of the house.


This week is week 2 of being on my own with H-Bomb (as Clark calls him) while Clark works. Hopefully this will be a good week and I'll be able to shower every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment