Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday Morning Snuggles #2

-Happy birthday little buddy, you're 1 month old!

This was a picture I took of H the other day right after I swaddled him up. I think H no longer stands for Hayden but rather Houdini. Each time I swaddle him up I try harder and harder to make it tight and break-free proof. Each time no luck. It is impossible to keep this kid in a swaddle.
Great week at the Meador's. I found out I will be doing my residency here in good ol' Fort Worth at my number 1 choice John Peter Smith Hospital Family Practice Residency. I'm very pumped about this. The uncertainty about the future was starting to drive me crazy, and the frightening prospect of having to try and sell our house, buy a house, find kelly a job and move all by June was very nerve racking.

Hayden has had a lot of visitors this weekend. He got to meet all of his cousins on Friday night when my step-sister and her husband and 4 girls came down to meet Hayden. They loved him. It was fun getting to see the girls and going to dinner. It's crazy for me to think that I was there when they were all born and how freaking big they are getting. I'm definitely getting old.


Emma and H



Emma, Karly, and Chrissy with H



Saturday brought more excitement and more visitors, The Souths and Uncle Jason, to watch the Baylor Basketball game. Baylor whipped up on Virginia Tech. Hayden was more interested in his lady friend, Edie.








Closing Thoughts
So, what a month it has been. I've been a Dad for one month and one hour. What a rewarding adventure it has been. I love this little guy. A lot of big changes in my life this month, fatherhood being the biggest and the realization that I now have a job as a real doctor. Its kind of a lot to swallow. Lots of responsibility. Now I'm no longer concerned with just passing classes and gettitng through school, I'm concerned with peoples lives and the most important is this 7 pounder in my lap. A quote I heard from a great philosopher, bull-rider, spouse of Jewel, and star of this seasons Dancing with the Stars, Mr. Ty Murray concerning bullriding, "You are never ready, it just becomes your turn." I heard that and I thought DAMN thats how I feel. I dont know if you are ever truly ready to become a Dad or to become a doctor, it just becomes your turn.
Check in again Wednesday! Less seriousness and more humor!

2 comments:

  1. Big congrats to you and the family Clark! The patients at John Peter Smith Hospital in Ft. Worth are so lucky to have you as their newest doctor.

    Oh, and about the swaddling - some babies don't like that. Ruins their "hustle and flow".

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, sids! SIDS! :) you wondered if anyone would notice from the first picture. wow, this comment makes me sound morbid. carry on!

    ReplyDelete