Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Morning Snuggles #1




This is my inaugural blog entry. Long time reader of blogs first time poster. Daddy is gonna try to make bi-weekly posts into wiki-hayden. My blogs will be unique as to not be confused with the sarcastic cleverness that resides in my wife's posts. Mine will usually be of lower intellect, diction, and with many more pictures.




SUNDAY MORNING SNUGGLES #1

-weekend wrap-up



I was very excited for the weekend. It was off to a great start with a half-day of work on Friday, a huge Baylor victory over the Longhorns on Friday night. Hayden is now officially undefeated in his life against the longhorns. After all the excitement of the big game we had to prepare the little guy for bed because he was going to need his beauty sleep in preparation for his newborn pics on Saturday.



Newborn pics. The right of passage every baby must endure. Oh the embarrassment for the little guy. Numerous pictures in numerous poses and in the nude. Only 3 weeks old and already a nude model. And not just any nude model but one that will pee all over you. Whoever started this tradition needs to be shot. Seriously why couldn't the tradition be to take pictures in diapers. I guess its not enough to worry about getting spit up so we might as well worry about the fire-hose too. Well H was cruising through his pictures. Snap after snap looking like a little stud. Like nothing could distract him from his Zoolanderish blue steel pose. I knew it was only a matter of time. In a span of oh about 5 minutes he peed on the blankets, spit up on mom, spit up on dad, and peed all over the bed. I will take the blame for the last one. If you all don't know it is imperative that you point the wee-wee down. Otherwise the diapers don't work. Took me awhile to figure this out. I thought we had faulty pampers. But I'm on top of it now. Well except for that mess up. But through all that trauma, trauma to me that is, I am very excited to see the pictures. I think they will turn out awesome.



Saturday Hayden learned cusswords. Daddy tried to use them infrequently as he watched his Baylor Bears fall to the Mizzou Tigers in the big 12 championship. I tried to get him to do the ear-muffs. Saturday night we ventured out for the 2nd dinner out at Chadro's italian/mediterranean the site for Kelly's friends birthday party. We are getting pretty good at this going out thing. Maybe we can stop being hermits soon.



Sunday early am:


Welcome to your third week of life little buddy. This AM Hayden turned 3 weeks old and apparently Hayden was pissed he didn't get a birthday party. This night was the most challenging of all. I finally gave up on the whole sleep thing and turned the coffee pot on at 6:30. H and I spent the morning snuggling on the couch watching sunday morning infomercials. Its amazing the things Chuck Norriss is marketing now.

<-- Now you want to sleep
I bet you're tired. Go ahead and yawn -->
--Look forward to the Wednesday edition of Dad's blog: Humpday Happy Hour with Hayden

1 comment: