--YAY!!! Grammy's here.
Welcome to the 2nd edition of my blog appropriately titled Humpday Happy-Hour with Hayden. It's Wednesday a big week for the Meador fam. Grammy is in town for spring break. St. Patty's day came and went, not sure what we celebrated but man what a cool holiday. I never thought I'd be one of those dads that would want to go nuts and dress their kids up in ridiculous costumes for holidays. Well I am. I was real disappointed when I couldn't find a good St. Patty's shirt his size. Oh who am I kidding I really wanted a Leprechaun outfit. Oh well maybe next year. This poor kid has no idea. I already have his Halloween outfit picked out. He is gonna be a garden gnome like the one from travelocity.com. Then Im gonna set him in the bushes to scare the kids. Anyways I digress.
So, this week is big for dad too. I found out I will be employed come July 1. Won't know where exactly until tomorrow at noon. So, to remedy the anxiety that goes with not knowing for certain where you might land through this whole match process this Happy-Hour required something a little stouter.
Sam is still uncertain about this baby thing. In fact I think he pretty much thinks we were nuts for bringing this little crying squirming thing we call Hayden home. He acted the same way when Sophie came home. He'll turn around.
Tonight was Baylor's opening round matchup vs. Georgetown in the NIT postseason basketball tourney. Georgetown came out firing and jumped out to a 10 point half-time lead. Dad and Hayden had their doubts about their Bears posting a 2nd half comeback as Georgetown shot 79% from the field in the first half. But riding on the back of Kevin Rogers' alleyoop dunks (watch sportscenter) Baylor steamed ahead for the first postseason win in 59 years. And the masses rejoiced. Hayden then asked if Kevin Rogers could be his dad. It took some doing but I do whatever the boy wants.
That's all folks. Check in Sunday for more!


His expressions make me giggle, he's so cute! I'm glad Sophie is taking to the baby. Sam is dreaming of the days when he was the only baby.
ReplyDeleteClark - you and Kelly make quite a dynamic writing duo! I love this blog (and it's not just because I get to see Hayden's sweet little face). You guys are great story tellers.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Kevin Rogers looks good on you.
- Kelsey
Clark, you are hilarious! I'm dying laughing about the travelocity gnome! HA! Kelly, my mom is also Grammy!
ReplyDelete