Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday Morning Snuggles #3

MARCH MADNESS!




Sleep deprivation has set in, but it can't quite dampen the excitement that each new week brings. Hayden is beginning to become much more aware of his surroundings. So what do we do? Dangle as many things in his face as possible. See exhibit A and B below. No wonder so many American kids have ADD. I mean look at this. This is the Baby Einstein Discovery Center AKA ADD making machine. I'm pretty sure the CIA/ATF/FBI use similar tactics when trying to force criminals into submission, such as, blaring the same music over and over and blinking crazy lights. Just imagine if you were stuck in a room with objects the same size of you swinging at your face. This is my new hypothesis of the cause of ADD in America. It's the one common denominator that continues to pervade upper-middle class American childrens lives...ridiculous things like below. But the kid loves it. So until there is a double blinded placebo controlled study disproving my theory I guess I'll continue to let him frolic in this playland that looks like some pot-smokers happy place.



For all the women who read my blog; I was able to experience first hand what it feels like to be pregnant thanks to the good people over at Baby Bjorn. And, come on girls its not that hard. This is a contraption every man needs. Just strap on your tyke and you can have both hands free to do all the honey-do's around the house, like mow the yard, change the oil all with baby in tow. Ok, I really didn't do all those things because my back hurt. Carrying a baby is hard.


That's all folks. Daddy daycare has officially begun. I don't know if that's going to mean more posts or less. The material for my bi-weekly posts is running low. Enjoy your week and the spring weather.

2 comments:

  1. Winner of "The Best Invention Known to Man (and Woman)" the Baby Bjorn. Ours served us well through two children and still has life left to give for someone else - whoever picks this puppy up from Goodwill has a prize indeed.

    I love this stage of Hayden's development. You will be amazed at how quickly it all goes from here. Tummy time turns into doing the army crawl - the army crawl turns into speed crawling - speed crawling turns into climbing up on everything - climbing up on everything turns into standing - standing turns into walking - walking turns into running - running turns into going off to college. See? It happens just that fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh... Clark... until you strap on the Baby Bjorn, take an overdose of hormone pills, adjust your hip bones AND allow Hayden to sit on your bladder and kick your organs, you still don't have any idea about pregnancy pains. But you guys look great!

    ReplyDelete