Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Please pass Hayden a green beer -- okay, a bottle of green formula will work just fine. On Sunday, my mom (my reinforcement) showed up to have a week full of Hayden (and help me out). It has been so amazing to having her here. Of course my house is so clean you could eat off the floor and all my laundry is done before I even THINK about putting it in the dirty clothes basket. Plus, she loves hanging out with Hayden (who wouldn't, though?). I think one of the neat things about bottle feeding is that everyone gets to bond with Hayden and feed him (okay and it gives me a break).
Monday was another Mommy-first. Mom and Aunt Katy babysat while I went to the gym for my first post-baby workout. Hayden and I have been taking mile long walks for the past two weeks, but this was the first time I got to go back to the gym, by myself, and REALLY work out. Well, do some real cardio. The weights are going to have to wait until I get cleared at my 6 week check up. It was GREAT. I loved going back and it made me feel human again!
Today was a big step for Hayden. We drove ALL the to Dallas to Aunt Katy's apartment. I was very nervous about this venture. First, I was nervous about driving on the freeway with Hayden in the car with me. I don't like trusting my child's life to the lunatics driving on I-20. Luckily, we made it all in one piece. This also marked the first time I folded up the stroller and took it around as well. We went to Dallas to look at a wedding venue for Katy's wedding. We looked at the Red Museum in downtown Dallas. It's a nice venue and Hayden enjoyed getting strolled around.
Mommy was very worn out after this venutre. Hayden definitely has his days and nights mixed up. He's not screaming during the night or anything, but he's WIDE AWAKE. Last night he was up from 2:30 - 6:30, when Mommy finally threw in the towel and laid on the couch with him. My mom helped out a lot and sat up with him from 5 - 6. This helped Mommy and Daddy get some sleep. Hopefully his internal clock will reset very soon. I think he's also making up for lost time when it comes to eating. He's been attacking the bottle since we got home from Dallas. He's wanting to eat almost every hour!
Well, tomorrow is Daddy's bi-weekly blog post. Mommy will check in again soon. The next time I post, we'll know where Clark is doing is residency. We're REALLY hoping to be staying here in Ft. Worth!!


Happy St. Patty's to you Kelly!
ReplyDeleteHayden is so precious in his green garb. It almost makes up for the fact that I boycotted this year. Nah...I just didn't have anything green to wear.
I love this blog. Please promise you keep giving us new pictures and stories. Who needs sleep anyway, right? Blog instead!